To activate the site on the internet you will need to update your A record from within your godaddy account.
(Please note if your domain is not registered with godaddy you will need to contact the registration company and tell them you need to change the A records @ and www with the ip address below).
To find your ip address locate it in the getting started email (if you can't find that click on the submit a request link above and request your website IP Address make sure to include your domain name / URL in the request)
To edit the A record do the following
- Log into your godaddy.com account (if you can't login call godaddy at (480)505-8877 )
- In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
- Click On Domain Name
- Under DNS Manager click the launch link
- In the Zone File editor click the pencil next to the @ icon (the pencil will appear if you put your mouse over the @)
- Change the existing IP Address to your ip address
- Click Save Zone File
- Click OK on the confirm box.
- Relax and have a cup of coffee
It takes a few hours to update these settings across the internet