You will be given your IP Address by technical support - if you don't know it send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your URL and request your IP Address (note: your ip address doesn't bring up your site in the browser only the url will bring up your site).
A Records (IP Addresses)
All servers connected to the Internet are assigned a unique IP address. An A record associates a name to the server IP address, allowing people to use easy-to-remember domain names (rather than hard-to-remember IP addresses) to connect to a website.
Before you begin editing A records, you should:
- Know the associated IP addresses
- Understand that DNS updates will take up to 2 hours to take effect (updates may resolve more quickly at some locations than others because many name servers on the Internet retrieve updates at different times).
To update A records
- Log in to Account Manger
- Within Account Manager, use the drop down under My Domain Names to choose the domain you’d like to manage and click the Go button
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points
- Select Advanced DNS
- Click the Continue button
- If the domain name was not previously pointed to Network Solutions® nameservers (DNS) you will receive a page with messaging regarding this change. If you’d like to continue, click the Move Nameservers to Network Solutions®button
- In the IP Address (A Records) section, click Edit A Records
- Your current A records are listed in editable form, and any Network Solutions® service that is associated with the A record is listed below the Numeric IP text box
- The first three hosts listed are the most common hosts used with domain names:
- www : Points to the specified IP address when Internet users enter an address, such as www.jimbikes.com
- @ (none) : Points to the specified IP address when a user enters just the domain name without anything before it, such as jimsbikes.com
- * (All OThers) : Points any unassociated host for a domain name to the specified IP address, similar to a catch-all feature that could be used for any misspelled host names
To add or edit A records
- Enter or edit the new host name in the Host column
- If needed, modify the TTL settings (7200 is the default)
- Enter or edit the IP number under the Numeric IP Address column in any remaining empty row
- Click Continue
To delete A records
- To the right of the A record, select the check box in the Delete column
- Click Continue
- Review the list of requested changes
4. Click Continue
Please sign in to leave a comment.